IC4592: Blue Horsehead Credit & Copyright: Rogelio Bernal Andreo See sidebar for explanation.

Thursday 9 June 2022

Catching up to Existence

Discovering God Every Generation

Physical science now seems to somewhat agree with the idea the universe is growing at a rapid rate. I wonder if that is because we are discovering that it is growing at all, not specifically growing by itself in actuality. It is already grown in like manner as far as we can speculate. We are only now able to figure it out?

I do not know this but how would anyone else know otherwise? I suspect we might have taken to space the concept of time. From what anchor are we linking our unit of time comparison entity? The expanding universe concept only exists, I strongly suspect, to justify the big bang after it. 

The big bang had to have something to bang prior to the big I would think. Point I guess I am making is that our knowledge is not only going to get old but it is going to reveal a quite different reality in time, I should say, our time. 

I am unexpectedly reminded in the side column of Arthur Koestler, who observed in his book Sleepwalker, I think it was, that "the progress of science is strewn, like an ancient desert trail, with the bleached skeleton of discarded theories which once seemed to possess eternal life." 

No comments:

Post a Comment